Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, I definitely do. I’m based in Cape Town but I shoot anywhere. My packages all include a 60km round-trip by default. Thereafter charges amount to R3.50/km.
- For venues outside a 100km radius of Cape Town, suitable accommodation for the photographer and one assistant will be required for the day of the wedding.
- For venues outside a 250km radius, additional accommodation will be required for the night prior to the wedding.
- Flights, accommodation and vehicle hire is applicable for certain destination weddings.
Yup, when you book me you get me.
Yes. I always bring one of my trusty sidekicks who will be of general assistance throughout the day.
Currently I only take bookings up to 12 months in advance.
- Please complete the contact form (found here) to inquire about availability & our pricing options
- We try our best to respond within 48 business hours
- We’ll send you the neccesary details after which you can notify us of your preferred options
- You will receive a booking contract and an invoice which you need to accept and sign
- Once you’ve paid the 50% non-refundable deposit and sent us the proof of payment – we are all yours!
* Please note: Bookings will only be confirmed once payment is received
Please pay the 50% non-refundable booking fee to secure your wedding date. The remaining balance is due one week prior to your wedding day.
No two weddings are the same and I try to accommodate my clients as best as possible. However to ensure you get the best possible photos I’ll need the following at minimum:
- Venue & Decor: 20-30min
- Groom: 40-50min
- Bride: 60-90min
- Family: 15-20min
- Bridal Party: 15-20min
- Bridal Couple: 40-50min
The finer details will be discussed during our planning session 😉
No, unfortunately we don’t do table shots. We’ve found these take up a lot of unnecessary time and are usually pretty boring. We will however take candid shots of your guests throughout the day. I prefer natural photos and would rather capture people laughing, dancing and enjoying themselves.
There are a number of companies that specialize in photo booths and I would be willing to recommend one if required.
- Plan your day so that your couple shoot is done in the best possible light (golden hour)
- Get ready in a spacious room with lots of white light
- Hang your bridal gown & bridesmaid dresses on pretty hangers
- Have a trial run for your hair and makeup
- Ensure there is enough time for all the photos that need to be taken on the day – we don’t want to rush anything on your perfect day
- Biggest things is to be yourself and enjoy the day!
Yes, please. Arrangements should be made for myself and one assistant. We don’t mind eating with other suppliers somewhere in a corner as we are up and about most of the time anyway 😉
Yes, all my packages include a planning session with the bride and groom. I prefer meeting my clients before a wedding so we can get to know each other a bit better and to clarify details of the wedding day.
Our office hours are Monday – Thursday, 9:00 – 17:00 and I’m available for Skype meetings if a face-to-face is not possible.
I’m a natural light photographer which means I don’t use a lot of artificial lighting. I will however use flash where necessary.
HINT: Ensuring enough white light in the bridal suite, church (and even where hubby dresses) is one of the best ways to get great shots!
Post production usually takes about 6-8 weeks. Fine art albums require an additional turnaround time.
Yes, a lot of time and effort goes into the post production process.
Note: Unfortunately WE DO NOT give out unedited / RAW images to our clients.